Thursday, February 23, 2012

The perfect dupe?




I am a huge fan of this metallic, multi-dimensional nail colour and I love Chanel 'Peridot' (see pic above) So when I saw that Jessica had one that is pretty much the perfect match in their colour 'Iridescent Eye', you can imagine how pleased I was. 
Don't get me wrong, I do love the Chanel varnishes in terms of their beautiful colour range, and of course with anything Chanel you are paying for the luxury, which they certainly do deliver. However, I've said it before and I will say it once more - Jessica Nail Polish cannot be faulted, I love the colours and the finish, they are so easy and quick to use, and they are virtually chip proof. I much prefer the brush on the Jessica polishes, I find the Chanel one a little thin and unfortunately I find Chanel polishes chip very easily!

In terms of the finish of this particular golden-green colour they are pretty much exact, if they were in the same unlabelled bottle then you would think they were the same polish, both off and on the nail. If you prefer the idea of Chanel's sophistication then of course you pay for that, as the Chanel one is £17.50, Jessica, on the other hand, not only comes in a bigger bottle (0.5ml compared to Chanel's 0.4), but is also cheaper £9.75, or even less in the U.S at $7.50 - bargain! 




Get the Jessica one here in the U.K and the Chanel one on their website here, or on counters nationwide. 
Love the colour so much, what do you guys think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment