Friday, February 24, 2012

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup


Estee Lauder is soon to launch their new 'fluid makeup', with John Lewis already having the worldwide exclusive, so expect to see it on counters soon. 
Technically, it is a foundation, but I have only ever seen it referred to as 'fluid makeup', this is one of the new generations of water based foundations that seem to be increasingly on the rise. This product gives an incredibly lightweight and soft finish, and enhances skins luminosity and health. It also gives a fantastic amount of coverage, combatting redness and blemishes effectively without feeling like you have too much product on. There are a couple of important things to point out with this product - because it is water based you have to give it a really good shake before use otherwise it will come out watery and lumpy instead of an even consistency which is what you want, the other thing is that when this foundation is blended into the skin it blends about a good two shades darker than it first looks so it is essential that you try before you buy with this one because you could be in for a shock, I have been opting for fingers over a brush as I find the warmth of my hands really helps it to blend and also makes application more malleable. I have also found myself using quite a lot of this product in one application to get my desired finish, it is perfect for building up colour, but this will use up a fair bit of product, I found I needed a couple of good squeezes to give an even, all-over coverage, however I just love the finish it gives and since wearing it, several people have asked what foundation I had on which is always a good sign!

I was also really pleased to see what Lauder had done with their packaging, many of their foundations, like Double Wear, come in glass containers with screw lids which makes it both kit unfriendly and wasteful as you could end up using more product by tipping too much out, this one however comes in a plastic bottle with a fine nozzle so you can control exactly how much you want! Perfect. 


£27.00 for 30ml. Available at John Lewis now. 

Foundation reviewed by Kate Gowing. Thanks Kate. x

No comments:

Post a Comment