Friday, February 3, 2012

AVON Ideal Flawless Foundation

Nic and I had a lovely tweet from the gorgeous Alesha Dixon yesterday and as you may know she is the face of the new AVON Ideal Flawless Foundation. Which, I then realised hadn't yet featured on the blog.
When writing a post I usually google the product to find out other peoples experiences, this helps to either validate my own opinions or to make me think a little more.

While googling I came across this brilliant backstage video of the 'Ideal Flawless' shoot.
I urge you to watch this, it is full of great make-up tips from the very lovely Liz Pugh and Alesha's skin looks heavenly. Such tips validate my own love of lipstick on cheeks!



Ok, back to the foundation...



AVON Ideal Flawless Foundation is Oil-Free with an SPF15. It is £12.00 for 30ml and available from Avon or your local Avon representative.
It comes in 16 shades, from very pale to darker that Alesha. Nic and I always like to see cosmetic brands embrace darker and lighter skin tones, as they should.


Ideal Flawless comes in a slick glass bottle with a black cap not dissimilar to some other prestige brands. It looks expensive and classy on the dressing table.
The texture of the product itself feels smooth and moisturising. It blends into skin perfectly without looking cakey or thick but has incredible coverage.
Due to the oil-free formulation it is suitable for all skin types and does set so you need to work quickly.
Just like Liz Pugh in the video (above), I think you get optimum results from this foundation if you apply it with your hands or a buffing brush.

A great foundation for the price and lets hope we see more brands incorporating shades for darker skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment