Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bourjois Effet Smoky pencils



These are brilliant value and great quality liners from Bourjois. I have been using the ones that are shot through with glitter but they are available in matte shades also. They have been designed to create a quick and simple smoky eye that is versatile so can be taken from day to night. The idea is to line the eye with the liner and then smudge it with the brush on the other end to create a straightforward smoky look. The texture of them is great - really well pigmented and the pay off is fantastic, they glide on easily and the kohl is soft making them easy to work with.



Personally I have just worn them simply as liners on their own for definition and colour (the brown is my favourite) which I think they are perfect for but they do blend well if you are looking for the smoky, smudged look. The product itself is great to work with but the smudger on the other end isn't amazing and I found to be quite scratchy. Instead I opted for a different tool, like a pencil brush, and found that to be more effective in creating a blended smoky look, but for on the go application the smudger that comes with it is fine, I just wouldn't use it if there was something better to hand! I think the glitter is a great addition to the range and adds a pretty touch to the eyes. The are great value too at £5. A lot of love for Bourjois at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment