Thursday, September 16, 2010

On my walls

I bought this original Biba poster from Ebay recently for £60. Getting it framed was much more expensive than the poster itself but I love the way it looks on my bedroom wall.
These two Ben Allen prints are part of a limited run. I got them from Ben Allen's website. I love how hectic his work is. It makes me feel inspired and brightens my day.
Danny and I saw this print (with frame) in Habitat and bought it immediately. It is taken from a film called 'Modesty Blaise' filmed in 1966.
This Ben Allen screen print was a present for Danny's 38th birthday. As he is a graphic designer I thought that he would love the mix of type and image...luckily I was right.
Our kitchen wall is filled with random pictures. 
Photographer Rankin took these Polaroids of me when I was pregnant with Lily and back when photographers still used Polaroid.
Don't you miss the passport photo booths where you could get 4 different shots?
These shots are of Terrance Stamp and Jean Shrimpton. I have no idea where Danny got this.
We love our mums. These are shots of mine and Danny's mums when they were in their teens.
I bought these original Dior magazine adverts when I first went to Paris in 1995. I still love the artist Rene Gruau.
 
This is another ebay purchase. I believe that this was a fly poster campaign in NYC.
I really love the dejected look on Marilyn's face and the words sum up real life. It is a constant reminder to work my hardest, love my job and protect my dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment