Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Diet

It probably seems like I am a bit of a yo-yo dieter. The truth is, when I diet I rarely lose much weight if any because I get quickly bored and with two children I overcook and easily fall into the trap of finishing their dinner... Ok, I admit it, I also drink too much wine.

Over the years WeightWatchers and I have had a great relationship but more recently it has become strained. 
Sticking to a points diet and attending meetings at specific times is nigh on impossible when I am shooting on location in London. Most shoot lunches consist of Pizza, Sandwiches or something equally as calorific.
  About two weeks ago a reality TV star tweeted that she had lost 6 pounds in her first week on this diet. Obviously I followed the http://www.dietchef.co.uk
I admit I was alarmed when the food arrived. As it is packaged like space food. However, everything I have eaten so far has tasted really nice. 
They provide you with all your meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. All you have to do is add vegetables, (or a small amount of rice or pasta).
The portions are calorie counted for you to 1200 per day. I would say that is about half the calories I usually consume in one day. 

Needless to say I have noticed a weight loss already.
It is recommended that a healthy weight for me is between 12 stone 6 pounds (79.03 kg) and 9 stone 13 pounds (63.23 kg).
When I started this diet (2 weeks ago) I weighed 11st 11lbs (74.8 kg). As of today I weigh 11st 2lbs (70.8 kg)
I intended to do this diet for two months but perhaps one month will be enough to reach my goal weight of 10st 7lbs. I will keep you posted.

Nic starts this diet next week so I am sure she will have experiences to share.Diet Chef cost me £190 per month. I now have a £10 discount code for anyone else who is interested in joining me. Add MYDEAFBO into the code box at time of payment.
 It did seem like a huge amount in a lump sum but when I thought about how much money I spend on food, wine, takeaways per month it was easily as much. 
Diet chef works out to £5.43 per day. I still have to food shop for the kids but I buy only what they eat and nothing for myself apart from vegetables to accompany my food. Overall, I am finding this diet successful and a doddle. I am also eating way more that my 5 a day so I feel healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment