Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What makes my job so great?


This is an email I was sent a few days ago.

Dear Samantha,
My name is Shaheen and I was fortunate enough to have you do a make-up session for me at MAC in Fouberts Place many many moons ago. I think it was in 2002.
 
You gave me such an amazing smokey look (using powersurge on lids, black tied for smoke effect, bronzer in my socket and Arena as brow high lighter. For my lips u used a bright orange lipstick and then Revealing lip gloss, bronzer on cheeks with Blunt as my blush).
 
I just want to say that despite having had numerous MAC make-overs all around the world, to this day everyone and I mean everyone (men, women, all ages) still comment on how amazing my make-up is! there must be something about the colour combinations you used on me (I am Asian, will send a pic to show you the good work), but the look is so sultry and sexy and just yummy.
 
I am now 44 and yet still because of my signature look people think I look young, because my make-up is flawless.
 
And that's all down to you. I have often tried to locate you and finally someone at MAC mentioned that you were on u tube and told me your full name. Which is how I have managed to track you down!
 
So, thank you Samantha from the bottom of my heart. Your make-up talents have allowed me to always feel amazing when I put my face on. No plastic surgery, no miracles, just clever use of colour. Every boyfriend that I have had since 2002 is always in awe of me when I do this look!
When I am having down days and fat days, I put on your look and I feel like a million dollars, it works every time.


I cant tell you how wonderful it is to have an impact like this on someone's confidence. This is exactly the reason that I love being a make-up artist, beyond the glossy magazines and models you realise it isnt so shallow after all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment